Hiring: Front-end Web Developer
We are currently seeking a creative and proven Front-End Developer to join the Horizon Productions team. You’ll help us create websites, wrangle content management systems, build interactive experiences, and develop solutions that marry function and form. The position requires a strong work ethic and exceptional communication skills. This is a highly collaborative position that requires you to work closely with the entire team to produce industry-leading work.
The ideal candidate will be a master of:
- Hand-coding clean, semantic, standards-compliant XHTML/HTML and CSS
- HTML5 / CSS3 transitions and animation
- Responsive Design
- PHP and MySQL
- Owning projects end-to-end
As well as working knowledge of:
- XML, JSON and REST-based APIs
- Other OO languages – Ruby, Java, ActionScript, etc.
- Content Management Systems
- Photoshop and other tools in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Clean contemporary design concepts and layout
Big bonus points for:
- ExpressionEngine / Add-on development
- LMS or eLearning experience
- A love of video, motion design, and photography
Horizon is a full-service production company that creates a wide array of video, multimedia, web and audio products for a variety of customers. We offer a great working environment in Durham, NC in a laid back, informal work place.
Director of Multimedia & Creative Director
- Must present a portfolio of recent work showcasing the skills mentioned
- Higher Education degree or relevant work experience of an equitable time span
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
To apply send resume, cover letter, salary requirements and links to relevant work or an online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with Front-end Web Developer as the subject.